Have you been thinking about posting or sharing a video on your business’ Facebook page?
It’s the next big thing and for the more than 95% of companies we meet, they aren’t aware of Facebook live or the potential opportunities of using video effectively to promote their business on this increasingly important social media platform.
Uploading videos to Facebook has been available for a few years, but has increased in popularity over the past year, especially with the new Facebook live feature. When thinking about video marketing, Forbes.com recently shared Why You Need It and How to Do It Well.
Video is a great way to connect with your audience. With just your cell phone, you can easily record and upload a video message in minutes, or broadcast live from your place of business, from an event or to make an announcement. According to a recent article from SocialMediaToday.com, shooting Facebook video was their number one tip for 2017.
When posting a video to Facebook, keep these things in mind:
- Know your audience – speak about topic relevant to your Facebook followers.
- Keep it short – Shorter videos will receive more views. Try and keep your video to under a minute. This emarketer.com article, explains how videos between 30 and 60 seconds long fared better than those of less than 30 seconds on Facebook.
- Use the correct format – most video files record and play online in an mp4 format, standard on most cell phones.
- Be authentic – speak about what you know and speak from the heart. Viewers respond well to authenticity.
- Practice – If you are new to video. Take a few minutes and practice what you want to say in front of a mirror. Make eye contact, smile and don’t zoom in too close.
Facebook Live was introduced in the summer of 2015 and has increasingly grown in popularity. After your live broadcast, the video will be saved on your timeline, and available to those you are friends with or those who like your page.
Facebook Live has some great tips for how to use this feature. Be sure to review in advance to guarantee the best results.